This week I was able to get the Key Insights from all the interviews I’ve conducted. I received great information that will help me create a more customized experience for my users.
These were the three interviewees; they were:
1) someone who is coming for the first time to experience plant medicine and ceremony,
2) someone who helps organize and holds space for people’s questions and concerns before and after ceremony,
3) someone who facilitates plant medicine ceremonies from a distinct lineage and tradition
Here are the questions that were asked concerning plant medicine and ceremony:
- What kind of information do you think people need to know?
- What type of support do you think people need?
- What do you think are some of people’s unmet needs right now?
These are the KEY INSIGHTS I received from their interviews:
INTERVIEW KEY INSIGHTS
- What is the history of these plant medicines?
- Where does the medicine come from?
- How have they been used before?
- How are they being used now?
- What has changed over the years and their use?
- What traditions use these medicines?
- How are these medicines prepared?
- How have the different traditions changed over the years?
- What is Facilitator’s training, lineage or tradition
- How many years do facilitators need to train?
- List of questions of what to ask an organizer prior to sitting in a plant medicine ceremony
- Integration Protocol
- What to expect in ceremony
- Ease a participant’s concerns
- List of precautions
- Fasting Suggestions
- What can happen in a ceremony?
- How do I set an intention for a ceremony?
- How can someone ease their fears?
- What is the cosmology/understanding of the tradition of this ceremony?
- How can people connect to the plant spirit of the medicine in ceremony
- What is the benefit of a plant dieta?
- What is the benefit of purging in ceremony? What are the different ways people can purge?
- What are the contraindications for working with this medicine?
- What is the life cycle of ayahuasca? What is the life cycle of peyote? What is the life cycle of San Pedro? What is the best way to propagate these medicines?
- What is mambe?
- What is rapé?
- Why do people sit in a tipi for Native American Church meetings?
- What is the meaning of the altar in a ceremony?
- What is the meaning of the fire?
- What is the cosmology of the Wixarika people from Mexico?
- What is the history of the Native American Church?
- What is the current legal standing of peyote?
- How did the Native American Church get started?
- What are the many traditions within the Native American Church / Peyote Churches?
Following this information, I revised the initial wireframes for the project and began accommodating the layout of the web app/website and to follow this list to clarify the design requirements for the web app.
Here are some screenshots of the wireframes so far after making some adjustments.
I am now in the process of creating more wireframes with transitions as well as creating the responsive views – mobile and tablets.
Once I am complete with those, I will do some test walkthroughs so I can get some feedback from my users. I will then make some adjustments and start with the coding part of the project.
I had a meeting with prof. Ewing and he mentioned that I start creating the HTML and CSS in the Bulma.io framework. I have began to create the HTML in a plain index file without the framework so I will move over toward using the Bulma framework so I can create a great and usable web application, continuing to learn about CSS and HTML.